Part 1: Within two weeks AFTER the completion of the NERTO
- Step 1: Complete the survey on the MIS (NERTO Dashboard)
- Step 2: Prepare a NERTO report, which needs to be reviewed and approved by their faculty and NOAA Mentor. Download the Report Template (MS Word)
- Step 3: Send a ‘word’ version of the report to the Center’s management. Specifically, you must send the report to Center Distinguished Research Scientist, Dr. Mitch Goldberg (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the Center email (email@example.com), for final approval.
- Step 4: Once approved by the Center’s management, send the report to the NOAA’s Office of Education and uploads the report to their NERTO Dashboard in the MIS. Be sure to
- Generate the PDF of the report and save the file as “YourLastNameCESSRSTFinalReport_FinalNERTOReport”
- Assemble high-resolution figures (up to four) and pictures of you on your NERTO (up to four) to send with the report
- Here is the template to a professional email which the Center encourages you to modify and use when sending the email to NOAA’s Office of Education Draft a professional email: (Download Email Template. Ensure that you include figures and pictures in the PDF. The email needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and carbon copy (cc) to the Center Director, Dr. Fred Moshary (email@example.com) and the Center Mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Part 2: Schedule a presentation at the NOAA Science Seminar Series
- Step 1: Begin preparing a 15-minute presentation based on the NERTO project, which will be presented at the NOAA Seminar Series. Make sure to share and present the slides with both your faculty and NOAA mentor.
- Step 2: Submit the Title, Abstract, and Bio, along with your availability dates for the presentation, to CESSRST (email@example.com) (Note: This will be submitted to EPP after review). Download the abstract and bio template.
- Step 3: Once EPP approves the date of your presentation for the NOAA Seminar Series, You will be notified by the Center. Please submit the following three items to the CESSRST email address (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Step 4: Practice and practice again. There should be opportunities between your mentorship team and the Center for you to practice your presentation and obtain feedback. At your scheduled time, present to the broader community through the NOAA Seminar series. Please make sure to follow the provided templates and guidelines for your submissions.